1."THE ELLEN VIDEO" ASKING HER ASSISTANCE FOR THE CHALLENGE & JOINING THE GROUP
2."BORN THIS WAY" VIDEO INTRODUCING OUR GROUP
3."THE ELLEN SHOW" FACEBOOK PAGE TO POST TO ABOUT OUR GROUP & CHALLENGE
4.ELLENS WEBSITE TO REQUEST APPEARANCE ON SHOW & POST VIDEOS TO
5."LET'S REACH 1 MILLION PEOPLE CAMPAIGN...It's a start! LGBT EQUALITY", OUR LINK
6.ANOTHER GREAT VIDEO TO SEND OUT TO LGBT GROUPS, STRAIGHT ALLIES, ETC. IS
WHEN YOU SEND THIS ONE OUT, YOU MUST PUT THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE WITH IT TO DIRECT PEOPLE TO OUR GROUP:
"Help us see the beauty of what it feels like to be a part of and feel the excitement of getting married; why should we be deprived of that right! Please join us as we journey on to that feeling of excitement...LET'S REACH 1 MILLION PEOPLE CAMPAIGN...It's a start! LGBT EQUALITY at"
7.Link to Petition to remove the most HOMOPHOBIC state legislator in the nation, Sally Kern
8.Petition to Education Secretary Arne Duncan: Implement as curriculum and administrative policy a federally mandated plan to deal with bullying
9. A very inspiring video for promotion of group
with the following message:
"Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something. Please do what you can to help achieve Civil Rights for the LGBT; join this group at" https://www.facebook.com/groups/letsreach1millionpeoplecampaignlgbtequality/
10. Link to go put a group badge on your profile pic on facebook or twitter
11. Link to the group page on Twitter
12. Link to the group newspaper
13. Link to magazine article on our group campaign
14.Link to video on EDUCATING & ENLIGHTENING society on the LGBT
15. Link to the AEB (American Equality Bill) Project - (There is currently the possibility of a shift in play, in that Representative Jared Polis of Colorado said that he supported the idea of an omnibus LGBT rights bill and called for suggestions about what the bill should contain. This is the first time a national-level gay politician has said this; of course it would have to contain everything from the AEB plus...THE LINK IS STILL APPROPRIATE FOR ADDITIONAL DETAILS ON THE ORIGINAL AEB)
16. Sample letter used to enlist and recruit members to our group to expand our advocacy capabilities:
I wanted to correspond with you on a facebook group for LGBT Equality, LET'S REACH 1 MILLION PEOPLE CAMPAIGN...It's a start! LGBT EQUALITY at https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/letsreach1millionpeoplecampaignlgbtequality
We are the fastest growing LGBT Equality group with a diverse membership worldwide. We are working on a current challenge we are trying to meet from a US Congressman and we also support the AEB Project/Omnibus LGBT Rights Bill, as well as the recent petition started by one of our own esteemed members for dealing with the ever increasing bullying issue at all levels. We are also the group that began preparations for a Worldwide Invasion of LGBT Individuals, which is basically a peaceful rally demanding our Full Civil Rights, to happen in select cities throughout the world at exactly the same time (details of all these campaigns can be found in the documents section of our group at the link above).
These are just a few items of many we have on our agenda and our voices are increasing every single day as our membership numbers and diversity increase. We have celebrities in our group, many strong straight allies, politicians, and a number of well known gay rights advocates.
We allow individuals who are members to promote their projects and campaigns that are for the good of the LGBT and the exposure and their results have been amazing. We would like to extend an invitation for you (put in name of who you are sending it to) to be a part of our group and stand with us as we work hard for the rights of the LGBT. We work hard as well in the education and enlightenment to society of the true LGBT and what and who we really are.
Please consider joining our group and expand your own avenues of exposure as well for your LGBT ventures.
J.C. Knudson, Gay Rights Advocate, Creator of "LET'S REACH 1 MILLION PEOPLE CAMPAIGN...It's a start! LGBT EQUALITY", and author of "Living the Difference"
(put your own name and credentials, such as "esteemed member of LET'S REACH....)
17. Link to petition started by our very own esteemed member Marc Holcomb for Equality in Oklahoma
18. Link to a recently produced youtube video relating to this group and LGBT Equality by non other than Tiffany Fluharty
19. Link to video of an interview of one of our esteemed members who is totally candid of who he is
When posting this link, it is good to put a message like:
"This is truly an inspiring video to be shared with all; watch and then join our movement at" https://www.facebook.com/groups/letsreach1millionpeoplecampaignlgbtequality/
20. Form letter to LGBT Alliances/Groups asking for their support in our membership drive to increase our clout & influence in our various campaigns:
The LGBT communities around the nation, as well as the world, need your support!
There is currently a fairly new LGBT Equality group on facebook that is growing rapidly and is currently the fastest growing LGBT Equality group anywhere. We would really appreciate if you are not already a member, to join the group (link provided at bottom of correspondence). We recently received a challenge from a UNITED STATES CONGRESSMAN and the group is working hard to meet that challenge. The LGBT Community has an opportunity to prove to congress that there are enough individuals in the LGBT Community that care enough to show congress that we do matter and that we need for our congressmen to help represent us in achieving Full Civil Rights as other citizens enjoy. We believe this challenge is an honest effort on this particular congressman's part to see if it is worth their own time and effort by seeing how many of the LGBT Community we can get to join this group and help us meet this challenge. Yes, regardless of what many LGBT individuals say, we do need the support of congress for most things to happen in Washington and beyond.
We need more publicity and are asking local LGBT Alliances/Organizations throughout the nation to help us with our membership drive, as well as meeting this challenge and use whatever means they have to help spread this word.
If you have a newsletter, website, current video campaign, or whatever methods you employ for notification of events and news to your members of the LGBT Community, we would appreciate some exposure.
The trouble with many of the LGBT communities around the nation is that it seems certain members do not want to do anything about our situation, but they still want to complain and for lack of a better term, "bitch" about it. (name of your state) is not immune from that same mentality of certain members of our community.
Please help our group show that (name of your state) is different and that we are a strong enough community to show our support by banning together as one to help meet this current challenge put forth by a UNITED STATES CONGRESSMAN.
We look forward to and appreciate your support in this endeavor.
(your name), Esteemed Member of "LET'S REACH I MILLION PEOPLE CAMPAIGN...It's a start! LGBT EQUALITY" at
(THIS LETTER CAN BE ADAPTED WITH A FEW MINOR CHANGES AND USED FOR POLITICIANS AS WELL)
21. Link to event sponsored by the group for a Worldwide LGBT Civil Rights March demanding our FULL CIVIL RIGHTS in select cities around the world all to happen at the same time
22. Link to Petition to White House by Caleb Laieski on the urgency of the Obama administration to appoint an advisor on LGBT Youth issues
23. A truly inspiring and uplifting video by our esteemed member D'Geyrald http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpmoTIrsSnQ&feature=autoshare
When posting this link, it is good to put a message like: